A decade before the world famous Amityville and Enfield poltergeist cases came to public attention,  a little heard of, but acknowledged as Europe's most violent haunting, took place in the town of Pontefract. 

In 1977 a family who lived in a council house in Enfield, UK, began a terrifying ordeal when a Poltergeist took over their lives. The phenomena experienced included knocking on the walls, furniture moving, fires igniting and a child levitating.

One of the most shocking Poltergeist cases of recent times, a family was disturbed and terrified by a series of apparitions. The poltergeist activity took place in the late 1970's and early 1980's, and became known as the Berini Haunting.

The South Shields poltergeist case occurred over several months in a terraced house in South Shields, a coastal town in north east England. It started in December 2005 with anomalous movements of furniture and objects.

From 1974 to 1987 one of America's most terrifying haunting's took place. It was at the home of Jack and Janet Smurl. Although their house was exorcised three times and investigations conducted by demonologists, the entity refused to leave.

When Paranormal Investigators Tony Cornell and Alan Gauld documented 500 poltergeist-type cases back in the late 1970s they found that most involved rapping noises, often described as knocks and thumps for which no source could be found.

In 1998, Jane Fishman, a reporter for the Savannah Morning News, wrote a series of articles about a haunted antique bed in the home of Al Cobb of Savannah, Georgia. High levels of poletgeist activity were reported at the house.

In the 1930's the Palazon family, residing in an apartment complex on the "Gascon Gotor" street, encountered a frightening ordeal when they started to hear maniacal laughter and voice coming from inside their home.

I lived in a Georgian flat from August 1995 to November 2003. I thought the place was a little gloomy and my girlfriend always made little cracks about the place being haunted. I thought she was joking around but that all changed a few years later.

When I was 15 or 16 I had a really strange thing happen. My parents had been on holiday and they were coming back later that day, and as they had been gone for two weeks I thought that I had better attempt to tidy up.

It the spring of 1978 an English girl, identified only as Miss A by the Society of Psychical Research, and several of her friends decided to make their way through a local graveyard. The group of teenagers trampled graves and toppled headstones.

A family from Prague in the Czech Republic were disturbed for weeks by paranormal activity, such as small fires and cracked window panes. Experts have not been able to come up with any explanations for the phenomenon so far.

More Articles ...

Page 1 of 2